Like many in the Western world, I’m infatuated with “Get Lucky”. Two French robots have managed to create a disco-funk earworm that I’m in no rush to see leave. After much in-depth analysis, I’ve come to 5 clear reasons of why this song has become the soundtrack to our summer (and the fling we don’t want to see end).
1. Because you can learn to play it on the bass.
2. Because it’s the song that Michael Jordan always sings.
3. Because anyone with a little keyboard, a microphone and cowbells can re-create it.
4. Because Pharrell.
5. Because everyone sounds awesome when they sing it.
10 thoughts on “5 REASONS WHY EVERYONE LOVES DAFT PUNK’S “GET LUCKY”
well, i think i could be all over gangnam style if YOU did a cover of it.
Can i hear a “HECK YEAH!!!” ?
@Katia-yeah, that bass player is pretty amazing…
@Tony-That’s why ORDINARYSTRANGE exists. #anothersatisfiedsubscriber
@Ashley-I hope you were laughing at the first 4 reasons…
@Jared-those are valid reasons. I especially agree with #3. I’m guessing you’re also not a fan of Gangnam Style? 😉
Woooooow! Hahaha…..loved it!
Not gonna lie…the silent whisper high pitched squeal accompanied with passionate facial expressions make this an iconic cover song. Thank you for helping me get my Monday off to a great start!
Hahahahaha I am laughing out loud. Thanks Omar!
I’ll give you my top 3 reasons why i dont like this song:
1) it caught on too quick. everybody loves it because everybody else loves it. Not a reason i jump on things. however, sometimes things that get revealed because popular culture turn out to be pretty stellar, this one isn’t for me.
2) lyrics, lame. I like music for 2 reasons: sound. and words. This song, I could give or take the sound, it does have a good jingle, yes. but the lyrics are pretty lame, similar to a lot of songs on the radio these days – singing about sex. Lucky? If we replace that word with what it actually means and sing “we’re up all night to have sex, i’m up all night to get screwed” its pretty obvious. go ahead, but don’t sing about it. lame.
3) Daft Punk’s song actually sounds better when Omar sings it. fact.
Your gift will definitely keep on giving my friend. love.